CAT and I tests in WZ

MattM1121

CAT and I tests in WZ

Post by MattM1121 »

Greetings,

I purchased a subscription for the Western US. But looking at some of the CAT ratings, the criteria has airports in the ZLA I believe. Can a PE client get CAT and I ratings without having ZLA coverage in their subscription?

Thanks
Kevin_atc

Re: CAT and I tests in WZ

Post by Kevin_atc »

The CAT and I ratings are only within ZLA. Typically, you can switch from WUS to ZLA at the end of your current billing cycle. Or, you can always upgrade to both WUS&ZLA at any time.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
MattM1121

Post by MattM1121 »

Thanks Kevin for the information. Are there any plans to create dynamic CAT and I ratings? Is there something that the community can help with to accomplish something like this? Or perhaps some type of grace action to allow Western only users access to ZLA?
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

That’s a question you can take up with billing@pilotedge.net.

I don’t believe there are any plans to create CAT or I ratings for WUS.

Go ahead and get set up on the PE Discord server for more real time chat help.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

MattM1121 wrote:Thanks Kevin for the information. Are there any plans to create dynamic CAT and I ratings? Is there something that the community can help with to accomplish something like this? Or perhaps some type of grace action to allow Western only users access to ZLA?
Matt,

No plans at all. The CAT/I Ratings pre-date the existence of WUS. WUS was added to give people a wider area in which to fly. I would encourage clients to review the subscription areas and available programs before deciding which area is best for them. You can also change at the end of a billing cycle as Kevin mentioned or do an in-place upgrade to a combo sub, then downgrade to ZLA only at the end of that cycle.
MattM1121

Post by MattM1121 »

Ok. Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Flexderec wrote:Western only users access to ZLA?
It's right here: https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/pricing

If Western US "ONLY" included ZLA access, then there would be no need for the combo sub, nor would it be priced the same as a ZLA-only sub, nor would be it be named "Western US Only."

It's really straight forward, there are two services area...ZLA and WUS. ZLA-only grants ZLA only. WUS-only grants WUS only. Combo grants both.

Edit: turns out it was a spammer trying to make 'regular' posts before the spam post. Posts deleted, but I've kept this reply here in case it helps anyone.