Changing connect aircraft type

overload

Re: Changing connect aircraft type

Post by overload »

Yep, think that's the right solution, but can't seem to disconnect from the network, it's showing me on the ground at KSNA even though the PC is off?
It will even let me connect again using a different callsign, so I can be showing in 2 places at once?
Thanks
Eugene
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Might just be a network glitch. Usually that won’t happen. Your other connection should time out eventually. In the mean time, just change up the callsign.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
overload

Post by overload »

Thanks for your help Kevin,
Have disappeared from the online map, so looks like things are back to normal,
Cheers
Eugene
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Just closing the loop on this...the aircraft type is set at the time you connect.So, if you are going to change planes, then disconnect/reconnect.

Separately, if you don't disconnect cleanly from the network (ie, you don't press the disconnect button in the PE plugin), there is a chance that the server won't be able to remove you from the network, resulting in the stale connection that you saw. If that occurs, then drop a line to support at pilotedge.net to let us know. In the mean time, simply connect with another callsign. You won't be in "two places at once," as they are two completely separate connections, each one being in just one place at a time.

The only time you need to change the ICAO code in PlaneMaker is if the code hasn't been entered correctly by the aircraft designer to begin with.
overload

Post by overload »

Thanks Keith!
Eugene