Voice error: ERROR NotConnected (1794)

jport1

Voice error: ERROR NotConnected (1794)

Post by jport1 »

For some days now I am regularly getting a voice connection error and being booted off the server with Network error: EndReceive failed: (10060) A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond or Voice error: ERROR NotConnected (1794). I have check my virus protection for blocked apps but PE is 'allowed' as well as in my firewall.

Any help appreciated, I have been on PE for a long time and changed nothing that I know of on my system and have not had these errors . .

Thanks in advance.

Joe

PS the PE controller added that she could still see me on radar/transponder for a while before dropping, however, I had lost voice comms by then. She was very helpful today.
Randomandy

Re: Voice error: ERROR NotConnected (1794)

Post by Randomandy »

Same problem. Client has been pretty reliable for several months. I just updated to PE Client 1.1.1 and it started booting me off the network every five minutes or so. I uninstalled and rolled back to 1.1.0 but it happened again.

P3D v4.5.13.32097
Randomandy

Post by Randomandy »

Or is this just a case of my internet sucking this week now that the whole city is working from home?
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Randomandy wrote:Or is this just a case of my internet sucking this week now that the whole city is working from home?
Any luck today with people likely not working on their computers all day?
If not, try coming over to the PilotEdge Discord live chat server for quicker tech support: https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/discord-community
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If your internet isn't reliable, that would do it. There aren't any server issues that we're aware of.
Randomandy

Post by Randomandy »

Keith Smith wrote:If your internet isn't reliable, that would do it. There aren't any server issues that we're aware of.
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something in terms of configuration or whatever. I did an internet quality check and was seeing some horrible ping times and jitter. I rebooted my router and it’s been working right since. So, it’s helpful to recognize this error as a sign of network trouble.

It had also just occurred to me that with so many people quarantined, my neighborhood cable internet might just suck. So far, it looks like my router just needed a refresh.