Pre Hours VFR Ops

Kilstorm

Pre Hours VFR Ops

Post by Kilstorm »

What are the chances of PE offering for a small monthly fee, Gnd and Twr only services for the 3 or 4 hours before normal operation? Could be even weekends only. It would allow for pilots who live East of the coverage areas the chance to enjoy doing a morning flight in local time before the day starts. I really enjoy getting a quick short hop in on my days off before really starting the day. Having the airport alive with controllers completes that feel of the perfect morning flight. By just offer Gnd and Twr all flights would be VFR only as there would be no IFR or FlightFlo services available. Could even do a mock run a few times to see who would use it and how it would work maybe as a group flight event.
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
Keith Smith

Re: Pre Hours VFR Ops

Post by Keith Smith »

Our cost for providing service doesn't change based on whether it's ground/tower only. If we get to the point where we can offer expanded hours, we will definitely consider it. It won't be an additional sub, though, for ZLA/WUS. We'd just adjust the core operating hours, or perhaps one day open another coverage area with slightly different operating hours.
uncertifiedpilot

Re: Pre Hours VFR Ops

Post by uncertifiedpilot »

That would be great, Keith. Also for simmers based in Europe, like me.
I use flight simulator to get Instrument Rated: www.uncertifiedpilot.com
Join my live streams on Twitch
Watch my previous flights on YouTube