PE controller staffing April 2020?

funflyed

PE controller staffing April 2020?

Post by funflyed »

Curious not critical? Is PE operating with diminished staffing during pandemic? I'm relatively new as a member, however, during a trial a couple of years ago it seemed as though there were a lot more controllers operating the system. Of course, the staffing level directly results in a bunch of pilots and controllers constantly stepping on one another on the com.
By the way the controllers that are there do an AWESOME job of handling the traffic.
Kevin_atc

Re: PE controller staffing April 2020?

Post by Kevin_atc »

PilotEdge staffing is unaffected due to the virus directly. However, an indirect result of COVID has traffic counts way up which, if anything, has had more controllers online than ever before.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Re: PE controller staffing April 2020?

Post by Keith Smith »

funflyed wrote:Curious not critical? Is PE operating with diminished staffing during pandemic? I'm relatively new as a member, however, during a trial a couple of years ago it seemed as though there were a lot more controllers operating the system. Of course, the staffing level directly results in a bunch of pilots and controllers constantly stepping on one another on the com.
By the way the controllers that are there do an AWESOME job of handling the traffic.
I can pretty much guarantee there were not a lot more controllers online a few years ago, unless it was during an event.