Pilotedge, other traffic and TCAS

speedbird1229

Pilotedge, other traffic and TCAS

Post by speedbird1229 »

Hi

I fly Xplane 11 and usually the TBM900 or King Air 350. I don't have any AI airplanes added and these days I don't seem to be getting any traffic input to TCAS. I'm also not sure if I can see other planes around me, been very empty on last few flights. I used to get other airplanes but they may have been just generated AI since I had some of those enabled before...

So when I install Pilotedge client, do the CSL models come with it automatically or is there something else I should do in order to have a nice set of models? Is there a good addon pack you recommend? I'm getting prepared for the Oshkosh and want these basic things to work properly ;)

Is there anything I need to do in order to have traffic on TCAS?

Thanks!
Georg Liigand

ATCO (Tallinn ACC, Europe) / EASA PPL / ATPL+IR+MEP+FI in progress
Pilotedge: N5GL, N551GL, N7GL, N2GL
Kevin_atc

Re: Pilotedge, other traffic and TCAS

Post by Kevin_atc »

Are you running Vulkan? You need to update your plugin to the beta, or the full build coming soon.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
speedbird1229

Post by speedbird1229 »

Nop, no Vulkan for me yet. It’s just a very general question how these things normally work on PE :)
Georg Liigand

ATCO (Tallinn ACC, Europe) / EASA PPL / ATPL+IR+MEP+FI in progress
Pilotedge: N5GL, N551GL, N7GL, N2GL
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

The traffic should be drawing automatically. Use the PE live map to go load up at an airport that you see has traffic, then try to find the airplane.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
FDXDave

Post by FDXDave »

You won't see any drones / aka PE AI flying or taxi in Bravo airports. Outside of Bravos, you'll get a ton of tcas hits. Try lax. I use a tfc ai program to bring my bravo airports to life. So looking out the window at night around the zla you should see hundreds of strobes and Beacon lights flying around. Just not on the ground unless your at smaller untowered airports.

Dave
wrs2

Post by wrs2 »

While at KOSH this weekend for a great show I tested the C172 G1000 for traffic display while on the ground at KFLD. If I added AI aircraft I would get the diamond on the G1000 display for the aircraft nearby on the ground. However, the actual PE aircraft was displayed as the CSL aircraft and the AI aircraft both overlayed on top of each other. If I set AI to 0 aircraft then I saw the CSL aircraft only but did not get a diamond on the G1000 displaying the traffic. Appreciate guidance on being able to see PE traffic displayed on the G1000 and one single CSL aircraft on the ground or air. WRS
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Can't be done for now. There is a new API in XPlane to handle the moving of traffic on their TCAS displays but we haven't updated our code to make use of it yet. We only just got Vulkan/Metal support working after swapping to XPlane's instancing API. For now, I'd suggest ForeFlight or the online map.

If turning on the AI traffic was a working solution, we would not have mandated that it be turned off in the installation docs and video :)
wrs2

Post by wrs2 »

Keith, thanks for the update on G1000 traffic display. I have had AI set to zero in the past but thought I would check things out. There certainly is a lot going on in the X-plane front and PE side. The PE lead in the SimVenture made for a spectacular flying experience and definitely moved the brand forward a big step. WRS