RealityXP and I-ratings

182cowboy

RealityXP and I-ratings

Post by 182cowboy »

Hi
I am working on my instrument ticket in the real world, and in desperate need to improve my communication and buttenolagy of Garmin 430. Pilotedge and my flight sim running Xplane and realsim gear 430 have been amazing on improving those skills. I have worked through the cat rating and ready to start the I-ratings. Can I do the approaches required in the I-Rating with the 2009 data base in the realityXP? Its kinda sad, I have to pay Garmin and update the 430 in my 182 every 56 days. I know I could go back to the Xplane 430 but it is just different enough that I think it would be a bad idea.

Thks Dale
Kevin_atc

Re: RealityXP and I-ratings

Post by Kevin_atc »

I don’t believe many of the I rating procedures have changed all that much in 11 years. One change that comes to mind is the runway at SNA is now 20R.
Overall, I think you’ll find it’s a lot of the same. However, it could actually be a good briefing exercise for you to cross reference everything and spot the differences.

The short answer to your question is that PE controllers always use current real world data, so asking for the ILS 19R at SNA won’t work. It’ll be on you to adapt accordingly.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord