What happens when you pause your sim or computer crashes?

Doug Adomatis

What happens when you pause your sim or computer crashes?

Post by Doug Adomatis »

Hello, I'm new. Just curious, what happens if I'm connected and need to pause the simulation? What if I'm in the middle of a CAT attempt? Does that keep me from passing?
And sort of related, my computer will occasionally crash. Probably not because of PE; it was crashing before. But what happens, if for whatever reason, I'm suddenly unconnected from the network? What if I'm in the middle of a CAT attempt?
Scott Medeiros

Re: What happens when you pause your sim or computer crashes

Post by Scott Medeiros »

If you need to pause the simulator for any reason make sure to get ATC permission first. If it will be an extended time, you should disconnect and finish the flight offline.

Computer crashes happen from time to time, and the controllers see random disconnects for various reasons, including crash to desktop. It's not a problem. If you experience a random disconnect, but are able to reconnect quickly you can continue the flight. If you aren't able to reconnect shortly after the disconnect, you should restart the flight. If this happens during a rating attempt, the attempt will not be counted as one of your 2 tries for the day. Purposely disconnecting to avoid a rating failure will still result in failing the rating.