Scenarios Altitudes

Chris1690

Scenarios Altitudes

Post by Chris1690 »

Good day all!

Having a blast with all these scenarios. Really good refresher for my IFR skills.
One of the things I'd like to bring to attention is the altitudes for some of these missions.
While 8000 and 1200 are good altitudes for high performance pistons, they are somewhat inefficient for turbo props. In real flight ops. I usually dont fly below 16000 in a King Air for anything longer than 100 nm.
Wondering if there is any thoughts on this matter, maybe have different altitudes ranges for different types of aircraft based on performance?

Thanks!
Keith Smith

Re: Scenarios Altitudes

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi Chris,

Good point. Some of the scenarios involve mandatory routes/altitudes (such as the Socal TEC routes), whereas other scenarios might have a prescribed altitude to force a particular situation (such as the Taos to Durango flight). Other than that, though, I'd say there is no problem filing higher unless the scenario requires it for either of the two reasons listed above. I'll see what I can do about updating the existing ratings to reflect that and will keep it in mind moving forward.
Chris1690

Re: Scenarios Altitudes

Post by Chris1690 »

Great!

Looking forward to the next one!