MSFS Options for Model Matching Default Aircraft

Scott Medeiros

MSFS Options for Model Matching Default Aircraft

Post by Scott Medeiros »

The "Default Model" found in the MSFS PilotEdge Client settings controls what aircraft your simulator will display when no other similar models exist in your sim. This option may be left alone, or can be edited by the user as a way to select which aircraft you'll see when no better matches exist.

Example: Another user connects to the network as a Cessna Skymaster (C337). If this model does not exist in your MSFS simulator, the PE client will attempt to find a similar aircraft model to match. If no similar aircraft match is found, the client falls back to the "Default Model" and draws that aircraft in your simulator. If your default is an Airbus A330, that other pilot's C337 shows up as a A330 (which can look quite out of place at Oceano Co. Airport). In order to avoid this, we'll edit the "Default Model".

You may use any ONE of the following entries, and it must be copied EXACTLY into the "Default Model" space in the PilotEdge Client settings.
Entries highlighted in GREEN are best suited for high performance as AI models. Entries highlighted in BLUE may impact frame rates on lower performance computers.

Single Engine Pistons:
Generic single engine piston (Similar to Beech Debonair) Generic Piston Single Engine Asobo 00
Cessna 172 Cessna 172SP Asobo AirTraffic 00
Aviat Pitts Special S2S Pitts Asobo
Beechcraft Bonanza G36 Bonanza G36 Asobo
Cessna 152 Cessna 152 Asobo
Cub Crafter X Cub Asobo XCub
Diamond DA40NG DA40-NG Asobo
EXTRA 330LT Extra 330 Asobo
Flight Design CTLS FlightDesignCT Asobo
JMB VL-3 VL3 Asobo
Robin Cap10 Mudry Cap 10 C
Robin DR400/100 Cadet DR400 Asobo
Zlin Savage Cub Asobo Savage Cub

Multi-Engine Pistons:
Generic multi-engine piston (Similar to Beech Baron) Generic Piston Multi Engines Asobo 00
Diamond DA62 DA62 Asobo

Turboprops:
Generic twin turboprop (Similar to Embraer Bandeirante) Generic Turbo Multi Engines Asobo 00
Generic single turboprop (Similar to Pilatus PC12) Generic Turbo Single Engine Asobo 00
Beechcraft King Air 350i Beechcraft King Air 350i Asobo
Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX Cessna 208B Grand Caravan EX
Daher TBM 930 TBM 930 Asobo AirTraffic 00

Private Jets:
Generic private jet (Similar to Citation II) Generic Private Jet Asobo 00
Cessna Citation CJ4 Cessna CJ4 Citation Asobo

Airliners:
Generic Airliner (Similar to A380): Generic Airliner Quad Engines Asobo 00
Generic Airliner (Similar to A330): Generic Airliner Twin Engines Asobo 00
Airbus A320neo: Airbus A320 Neo Asobo AirTraffic 00
Boeing 747-8: Boeing 747-8i Asobo

If you're experiencing errors related to the PE Client being unable to find your "Default Model" aircraft, first make sure the entry matches one of the above EXACTLY! This entry must match the aircraft title found in the aircraft.cfg exactly in order to locate the exact model to use.
Paradisepilot

Re: MSFS Options for Model Matching Default Aircraft

Post by Paradisepilot »

The "Default Model" problem is the one I am having. After reading your post, I was confident that using the exact text you listed for the C172 steam gauge aircraft would solve it. However, having tried it, neither the text you listed nor any of the other things I have tried has fixed the problem. I have been able to fly one flight with PE connected the entire way, (before having this problem) but upon attempting my CAT 1 test, several tries in a row have failed due to being disconnected. It will connect and log in to the network for a minute or so at a time, but then immediately kick me out, even if I have been receiving and monitoring radio traffic.

I don't really understand the explanation about other users aircraft and the default model. Is there a way to override this? If you look at the attached screenshot, you can see that I have tried several different lines of text, with the last ones being the exact aircraft filename from the sim folders.
Attachments
PE screenshot.JPG
PE screenshot.JPG (92.44 KiB) Viewed 7487 times
Scot - Aviator in Paradise
Happy Real-Life Private Pilot
Frustrated Sim Pilot
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

First off, there is no longer a need to edit the default aircraft in settings. It is set by default as the Asobo Cessna 172 that comes installed with every version of MSFS.
Set the default aircraft to "Cessna Skyhawk G1000 Asobo", and ensure you have the default Asobo Cessna 172 installed by going into the MSFS Content Manager and checking that Cessna 172 Skyhawk (G1000) by Asobo is installed and up to date.

The PE client uses the exact wording contained inside the aircraft.cfg file, not the folder names. This must match letter for letter, or else you'll get those error messages.
Paradisepilot

Post by Paradisepilot »

Yes it was originally set to "Cessna Skyhawk G1000 Asobo" but I was getting the same error message, I am using the steam gauge aircraft, not the G1000.
Frustrated Sim Pilot
Paradisepilot

Post by Paradisepilot »

Set the default aircraft to "Cessna Skyhawk G1000 Asobo", and ensure you have the default Asobo Cessna 172 installed by going into the MSFS Content Manager and checking that Cessna 172 Skyhawk (G1000) by Asobo is installed and up to date.

The PE client uses the exact wording contained inside the aircraft.cfg file, not the folder names. This must match letter for letter, or else you'll get those error messages.[/quote]

Scott, as you can see I have once again set the default model in PE to "Cessna Skyhawk G1000 Asobo", and still it kicks me off immediately. The aircraft is up-to-date in the content manager.

I have tried to find the aircraft.cfg file for the round dial C172 but I am not a deft programmer. I have no problem getting to the "Official" folder which is with the "Community" folder. Any tips ?
Attachments
PE screen G1000.JPG
PE screen G1000.JPG (60.79 KiB) Viewed 7459 times
Frustrated Sim Pilot
Paradisepilot

Post by Paradisepilot »

So, this time around, I decided to just go ahead and select the default C172 G1000, I loaded the aircraft in the GA parking at L52, set everything up for the flight to L88, logged into the PE Network, and everything seemed fine. As soon as I filed the flight plan to L88 for the CAT 1 Test, I went back to the PE Client tab just to check the connection, and this is what I got.

Prior to this problem beginning, my first flight with PE (using the steam gauge C172) went fine, I was in good communictaion with the tower at KYKM and it was uneventful. I changed no settings, and in another session, I went straight to the CAT 1 Test flight. I immediately started getting disconnected with the "Default Model" error code, and I have made NUMEROUS attempts to perform this flight since. I always pay close attention to getting the aircraft loaded in a non-movement parking area, checking and double-checking all settings, etc.

What am I doing wrong?
Attachments
PE G1000.JPG
PE G1000.JPG (82.68 KiB) Viewed 7456 times
Frustrated Sim Pilot
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Verify you have the G1000 c172 in your “hangar?” ie you can load it up and fly it if you so choose?
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Paradisepilot

Post by Paradisepilot »

Kevin_atc wrote:Verify you have the G1000 c172 in your “hangar?” ie you can load it up and fly it if you so choose?
Yes, it is in my hangar. In the previous example I had it loaded in the GA parking at L52, ready to go, with the default model setting set as described above. I'm running out of things to try here.
Frustrated Sim Pilot
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Answered on Discord. For those interested in following: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

As Kevin stated, we've answered this on Discord but if additional questions or issues arise, let's use the "Default Model Mismatch" forum post or Discord to avoid taking this thread too far off topic.