Xbox Controller Push to Talk binding not working

BOSantana

Xbox Controller Push to Talk binding not working

Post by BOSantana »

So I've had this issue for as long as PilotEdge has been out for MSFS2020 where any button on my Xbox controller is not working when the game is in focus. I can bind a button easily and I can verify on the pilot edge console that the PTT command is registered when I am focused on the console. The problem begins once I go back into the game and its the main focus. Now the key does not work at all. The console no longer shows the PTT button is being pressed/depressed. I know this is probably not the best way to be playing, but playing with a console controller makes it so easy to just quickly get in game and get some Comm practice in the limited time I have to chair fly at home. I posted about this on the discord a few months back and got no where with troubleshooting though they definitely tried their hardest to help me. I was not the only user that had this issue. Is this something that might be a quick programming fix or is it not work the time to implement? I am sure that PTT works with other controllers so I would think it shouldn't be too hard. I appreciate any response that can be provided.
Kevin_atc

Re: Xbox Controller Push to Talk binding not working

Post by Kevin_atc »

Xbox controllers are notorious for not working well. It's well worth your while to just grab an inexpensive joystick instead from Amazon or Walmart.
The only other thing I could think of for you is to try and run the pilot client as an administrator. If that doesn't change anything, ditch the xbox controller.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord