Filing Flight Plans -- A Suggestion for the PE Client

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
Mark Hargrove

Filing Flight Plans -- A Suggestion for the PE Client

Post by Mark Hargrove »

The next time the PE client UI is updated I have a suggestion: relabel the 'Close' and 'Cancel' buttons to make it clear if clicking them closes/cancels the dialog box or if clicking them closes or cancels the flight plan. I still don't know which of the two actions the button perform. I'm sure a helpful member of PE is going to tell me in response to this post, but if I was confused it's likely that others will be just as confused in the future since the terms 'close' and 'cancel' are common actions for both dialog boxes AND flight plans.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Keith Smith

Re: Filing Flight Plans -- A Suggestion for the PE Client

Post by Keith Smith »

Good idea. I've spent very little time in that UI since it was brought over from the client we originally licensed.
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

To clarify for now, the "cancel" button just closes the flight plan dialog box, right?
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Orest Skrypuch

Post by Orest Skrypuch »

Correct.

* Orest
PP/ASEL/IR, Piper Dakota (PA28-236) C-FCPO
President & CEO, UVA, http://www.united-virtual.com