v0.9.1 FS2004/X client released

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
Keith Smith

v0.9.1 FS2004/X client released

Post by Keith Smith »

- COM1/COM2/BOTH support improved
Prior to this version, there were issues if you attempted to use the 'both' setting on the com1/2 selector. This has now been resolved. You can transmit and receive on COM1, or you can transmit and receive on COM2. Additionally, if you select the BOTH setting, you can pick up the FSX ATIS on either radio.

This means you can transmit/receive on PE on one radio while you pick up the ATIS on the other radio if you wish.

FS2004 doesn't support ATIS in the multiplayer mode, so there's still no ATIS there, however, the selected radio will work properly.

NOTE: you are still limited to a single radio from PE's perspective. It's not yet possible to monitor 2 active PE frequencies at the same time. However, you can now swap between com1 and com2 without issue.

-PilotEdge pop-up window now reflects which radio is in use

- Status bar text in the main PE window accurately reflects which radio frequency is in use

- Many menu options were removed or cleaned up

- Audio device selection updated to reflect that it's not yet implemented (that will be next, along with full dual radio support)

- PE now compatible with the shipped version of SimConnnect. This means that multi-machine installations will be simpler and won't require a newer version of SimConnect

Feel free to download PE v0.9.1 from the Pilot Center
Orest Skrypuch

Re: v0.9.1 FS2004/X client released

Post by Orest Skrypuch »

Update procedure is to just install over 0.9?

* Orest
PP/ASEL/IR, Piper Dakota (PA28-236) C-FCPO
President & CEO, UVA, http://www.united-virtual.com
Orest Skrypuch

Post by Orest Skrypuch »

{Now fixed, see below}

PROBLEM. Get the following on installilng 0.91, and trying to start up PE on computer #2 (winXp), WideClient is running. Computer #1 (Win7/64) is running FSX, and 0.91 was installed.

I tried reinstalling, and then uninstalling and reinstalling, same trouble.

On starting up FSX on computer #1, I do get the two "allow" messages for the two new DLLs.

No issues with v0.9. Unfortunately I deleted it, although can pull it out of a backup I suppose ...

What to do?

* Orest
Last edited by Orest Skrypuch on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Orest Skrypuch

Post by Orest Skrypuch »

OK, pulled 0.90 from my backups ....

Reinstalled the 0.90 client on computer #2. So, now I have a mixed setup of 0.91 on computer #1 (running FSX, win7/64) and on computer #2 have 0.90 installed. This does not give an error, and a ground check of the radios was OK.

At least I'm no longer grounded, but obviously there is an issue with 0.91 in my setup.

* Orest
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Orest, that's interesting. Sounds like a SimConnect version issue. This new PE version was built to handle SimConnect all the way back to SP1.

Will PM you to set up a screen share to debug.
Orest Skrypuch

Post by Orest Skrypuch »

Looks like you were right, it was a SimConnect issue, having to do with the versions running/installed.

All fixed up, thanks!

* Orest