fixed spinning planes

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
Keith Smith

fixed spinning planes

Post by Keith Smith »

If you're running FS9 or FSX, you might have noticed that parked aircraft appear to do all sorts of interesting things (spinning around or sitting vertically with the tail straight up). Once they start moving, though, everything appears normal again. This is due to a bandwidth saving feature where the server stops sending you data on aircraft that aren't moving. The case is handled properly in the X-Plane PE client, but not so well in the standalone PE app for FS9/X.

As a result, I'm rolling out a new build of the server which removes the bandwidth-saving feature. This should result in more accurate displays of parked aircraft in FS9/X. This change will be rolled out on the sever before we open tomorrow morning.
TexFly

Re: spinning planes

Post by TexFly »

That's why the other day, after a landing I saw a weird airplane far at the gate. I got closer and it basically was only the tail coming out of the ground! :lol:

I immediately thought: not a good landing!!!

Thanks Keith.
Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com
steve.huff

Re: spinning planes

Post by steve.huff »

When I first looked at this I thought people were intentionally spinning Normal Category aircraft, or doing it in protected airspace. :)