Online Map Silhouettes

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
Calvin Waterbury

Online Map Silhouettes

Post by Calvin Waterbury »

I don't think this is directly related to the PE software, but it's the closest I could find....

Would it be possible to create/use correct silhouettes (the little red airplane shapes) to reflect the aircraft represented. I like the idea of having *my* aircraft represented on my map in a larger shape, but it always feels weird watching a 747 on final at 63 Kts. :lol:

Maybe this is out of the control of PE, but I thought I would ask. I would be glad to draw the silhouettes if it would help.
Windows 8.1 (64)
ASUS 17" Laptop
2.4 GHz I7-4700HQ CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
1 TB HDD
Keith Smith

Re: Online Map Silhouettes

Post by Keith Smith »

It's technically possible. It would require mapping every aircraft type to one of the available drawings, though.

It's not something I can put on the dev list right now, there are higher priority projects, but it is something I've wanted to improve, long term.
Calvin Waterbury

Re: Online Map Silhouettes

Post by Calvin Waterbury »

Well, that's encouraging. Next time you are "in" where the existing silhouettes reside, copy the files to me and I can begin working on them. Given my level of artistic prowess and where this task is on the ToDo list I figure I'll be done about the same time you will be ready for them. :lol:

Ciao!
Windows 8.1 (64)
ASUS 17" Laptop
2.4 GHz I7-4700HQ CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
1 TB HDD