PilotEdge Receiver feedback

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
Marcus Becker

Re: PilotEdge Receiver feedback

Post by Marcus Becker »

mikelikestojump wrote: Does PE Rcvr even work on Mac?
Not sure but maybe it's time to make a mobile app?
kullery

Post by kullery »

Marcus Becker wrote:Not sure but maybe it's time to make a mobile app?
Maybe an easier solution. Contact Dave Pascoe at LiveATC and offer him the audio feeds so he can distribute them on LiveATC.net. He already has a mobile app.
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The plan is to enable streaming for phones. There was some code written a while ago to help facilitate that, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet.
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

kullery wrote:
Marcus Becker wrote:Not sure but maybe it's time to make a mobile app?
Maybe an easier solution. Contact Dave Pascoe at LiveATC and offer him the audio feeds so he can distribute them on LiveATC.net. He already has a mobile app.
Plus 1 for this idea for sure...
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
iracer99

Post by iracer99 »

Looking forward to seeing this app!

Enjoy listening while at work, but I work away from a computer. Always have my smart phone with me though.
Cherokee N5299X
Legacy N707TC
Bob Denny

Post by Bob Denny »

I have NOT read through this entire thread. I have observed that if you lose internet, the app dies with an uncaught exception and you get one of those "stopped unexpectedly" popups.
sono

Post by sono »

I also get crashes from this program. Most of the time I dont get sound. The attached screenshot and log file are from when I left it running last night (it wasnt given any sound) when I woke up in the morning the attached was on the screen.
Windows 10, 64 bit. with latest windows patches. This is a large capable PC (i7-7700k, 32G ram, multiple screens, GTX1080 graphics). It never works properly on this machine, this is not a one off.. (All my other software works fine, xplane 11 etc. )

I also have a lenovo windows 7 laptop where the receiver works fine. Is this some issue running on windows 10 ?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (43.95 KiB) Viewed 18487 times
logfile.zip
logfile
(469 Bytes) Downloaded 490 times
PE CAT-11, I-11, SKY-8
EASA and FAA (61.75) Private ASEL AMEL Instrument
deansalman

Post by deansalman »

This is really a cool windows app. I use it all the time to just listen as well as atcLive. What I like on the PE app is you can hear all the pilots. I have been running it in the background to help me tell when no one is talking. Then when I need to call ATC I just uncheck the one box I am on, ie western coverage. That is just to prevent feedback when I talk. Anyway thanks for creating it.
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star
deansalman

Post by deansalman »

I just installed the new version, looks great.

It appears that the windows app runs on the same PC as the sim. Then the browser that is local host runs. What I am dying to try when I get back online is to see if I can enter the ip address of the sim computer with the port number on the IPAD since it is the same network connected. That would be nice.

update That did work. Just enter the ip address of the sim PC. (ipconfig will tell you what that is)

It seems that you get a sim lockup message when you close the sim and open it again while the PE client is running. I closed it and restarted the client and that fixed it. Did not try closing just the browser.

I wish it was a little bit easier to change the play back source in case the headset quits and I need to change to another output device. But I can live with it.
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Dean,

I think you're talking about the PE pilot client for P3D/FSX. That has nothing to do with the PilotEdge Receiver.