PilotEdge Receiver feedback

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
Keith Smith

PilotEdge Receiver feedback

Post by Keith Smith »

PilotEdge Receiver is a standalone monitoring tool for listening in to PilotEdge ATC communications.

It's available for Mac & Windows here: http://www.pilotedge.net/pages/pilotedge-receiver

This initial release has a hardcoded channel list and doesn't actively detect which controlling positions are staffed. Give it a try, you'll soon see how it all works.

Unzip all the files, run the EXE, click CONNECT, then click the positions you want to monitor. This is an early beta, but it's a great start. Use this to monitor PE during operating hours. Outside of those hours, it will automatically disconnect.

Many thanks to Brett for putting this together. I'll let him take it from here.
currentadventure

Re: PilotEdge Receiver feedback

Post by currentadventure »

Any chance of an MAC version?
Brent Stanley
Wilmington, NC (KILM)
Inshore Charter Guide
Private Pilot, ASEL
http://www.currentadventurecharters.com
My PE callsign-N134WD
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If a Mac developer would like to volunteer to work on a replica of PC version, that would be great. I could conceivably build a command line version for the mac with the tools I have (in fact I already have one).
djrisc

Post by djrisc »

Hello everyone,
As this is an initial beta release, I will be tracking any issues found via this thread.

Please feel free to reply to this thread with any issues you run in to and I will get back to you here and will maintain a list in this thread of any updates I'm working on.

Thanks!

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
PE: Skyhawk C172 - N8979T
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Keith Smith wrote:If a Mac developer would like to volunteer to work on a replica of PC version, that would be great. I could conceivably build a command line version for the mac with the tools I have (in fact I already have one).

I gave it some thought today...I will give the finished Mac application a try. The voice stuff is trivial, I already have that working in the cmdLine app. I just need to get a visual development environment going and learn the XCode development tool and the Mac windowed event model. Ultimately, it's just a matter of linking up a dynamically-generated list of checkboxes and a connect button. Hopefully it'll be reasonably easy to build. I'm not sure about distributing/deploying Mac apps, but I'll find out.
robertwatts

Post by robertwatts »

Keith:
1. Had an initial "unhandled exception error" when we first ran it; extracted a second time and it works well, except:
2. No map display and then, I guess, no drones showing either.
Bob Watts
jtek

Post by jtek »

Why not set up some RTMP streams (what LiveATC does) that we can listen to via iTunes, WinAmp, Windows Media Player, etc?
Josh Hinman
PPL ASEL IA (KSMO)
Calvin Waterbury

Post by Calvin Waterbury »

Feature Request...

Pilots Only Option
Given we can always hear the controller it would be nice to be able to listen to pilot response only to help with the timing of transmitting. Might allow fewer occurences of transmissions getting stepped on.
Windows 8.1 (64)
ASUS 17" Laptop
2.4 GHz I7-4700HQ CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
1 TB HDD
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Josh, that is the plan, yes. getting the hardware together.
robertwatts

Post by robertwatts »

Map appears to be working now.
Bob Watts