PilotEdge Receiver feedback

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
bruce

Re: PilotEdge Receiver feedback

Post by bruce »

When I try to "Connect" it gives me an unhandled exception error. Map is showing ok. Any thoughts?
Calvin Waterbury

Post by Calvin Waterbury »

Keith Smith wrote:
Calvin Waterbury wrote:Feature Request...

Pilots Only Option
Given we can always hear the controller it would be nice to be able to listen to pilot response only to help with the timing of transmitting. Might allow fewer occurrences of transmissions getting stepped on.
That's a feature which is already on the list for the next build of the pilot client. Using the receive in conjunction with the pilot client is going to be tricky.
For these reasons, we won't implement this feature. It's designed for people who want to listen to the radio without flying in the sim, or at least, without participating on the ATC frequencies. You could run it while you fly without tuning to an ATC freq, I suppose.
Yes, I see what you mean. Thanks for the comments. One of the biggest hurdles a developer has to overcome is getting the user to use an app for its intended purpose. ;)
Windows 8.1 (64)
ASUS 17" Laptop
2.4 GHz I7-4700HQ CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
1 TB HDD
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

bruce wrote:When I try to "Connect" it gives me an unhandled exception error. Map is showing ok. Any thoughts?
Did you unzip all of the files into one folder and run it from there?
dc8flightdeck

Post by dc8flightdeck »

I listened to all day while working on a 737 sim. I love it :) Its nice to hear all of the other people I usually miss when Im in the sim.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Keith Smith wrote:
bruce wrote:When I try to "Connect" it gives me an unhandled exception error. Map is showing ok. Any thoughts?
Did you unzip all of the files into one folder and run it from there?
:oops: :D
Pieces

Post by Pieces »

Just had another crash. No logs at either location (%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\PilotEdge\Logs, or the log folder in the extracted directory). Windows 7, standard "this program has had an unrecoverable error and needs to close" message. Sorry, I forgot to screenshot it :(.

This time it was on my desktop while I was using so sleeping is not the cause.
Reece Heinlein, PPL - IR, KMZZ
PilotEdge I-11
Alphabet Challenge
Mark Hargrove

Post by Mark Hargrove »

Receiver is currently indicating "PilotEdge is currently offline, please reconnect during coverage hours." It's currently 0955 PDT.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

Give it another try, we had a momentary loss of ATC coverage which I think would cause that error.
Peter Grey
PilotEdge Director of Quality Assurance and Operations
peter@pilotedge.net
Mark Hargrove

Post by Mark Hargrove »

Working now.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Tim Krajcar

Post by Tim Krajcar »

Hi everyone,

A Mac version of the receiver application is now available, supporting 10.7 and newer. Thanks to PE member Matt Doza for the great work on this. You can get it from: http://www.pilotedge.net/pages/pilotedge-receiver
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube