Outgoing TX always switches radio to COM1

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
Brazen

Outgoing TX always switches radio to COM1

Post by Brazen »

PE client: On the Radio tab, Disable Radios is set to Do not disable any radios (recommended)
FSX: COM2 is selected (tried with the default C172/B58 and the RealAir B60)

Issue: Whenever the PTT is pressed, FSX automatically switches to COM1, disabling COM2. Is there something I can do to be able to TX using COM2?
Brazen

Re: Outgoing TX always switches radio to COM1

Post by Brazen »

Am I the only one having this issue?
Rick Stratman

Post by Rick Stratman »

Brazen

I fly on the network with the FSX default Baron58 and use both COM1/2 with no issues.

I did notice when I checked the recordings the COM2 was not available.

Thanks Rick
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

Rick Stratman wrote:I fly on the network with the FSX default Baron58 and use both COM1/2 with no issues.
Do you have any idea what could mess it up on my end? I find it really annoying to be able to use only one radio.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Haven't heard of this before. Can you check Check your FSX key/button assignments to see if your PE PTT is also mapped to a com selector in FSX?
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

Keith Smith wrote:Haven't heard of this before. Can you check Check your FSX key/button assignments to see if your PE PTT is also mapped to a com selector in FSX?
Dang, so simple. That was the solution. I deleted a whole bunch of stuff that I don't even use. :oops:

One month of flightsimming; there's bound to be more where this came from ...

Thanks!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Any time you map a key to something, it's good to find out what it might already be mapped to in other applications :)
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

Keith Smith wrote:Any time you map a key to something, it's good to find out what it might already be mapped to in other applications :)
That is what confused me. For PE, it's Scroll Lock, which I don't use at all. And via FSUIPC (an FSX Addon) I've mapped it to the trigger. So either I accidentally mapped "TX on COM1" to my trigger or it's a default that I failed to check.

Actually, I did check, but I didn't notice that after you install FaceTrackIR, there's more (virtual) joysticks available. So I checked a virtual joystick selected by default instead of my physical joystick. Note that this not a cop out, I still didn't pay enough attention and wasted your time, for which I apologize. :(
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Not a waste of time at all, I apologize for not responding to it sooner. I saw the first post, considered the suggestion that I ultimately made today and thought it wouldn't be helpful. When you were still trying a few days later I figured it couldn't hurt. I'm really glad it worked out.