Multiple IFR flight plans?

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
c.b.powell

Multiple IFR flight plans?

Post by c.b.powell »

In the real world you can and do file multiple IFR flight plans and open them on demand. Does PE's software support this? In other words, can I open the File IFR screen, submit plan 1, then repeat for plan 2... or does plan 2 overwrite plan 1 on the server?

Chris
Keith Smith

Re: Multiple IFR flight plans?

Post by Keith Smith »

The system is only capable of storing a single flight plan for a given aircraft at the moment. Given how easy it is to actually submit a flight plan (ie. can be done in real time in the air by filling out the form), I've been leaning towards keeping it that way. It would be a fairly major modification on the controlling side.

If you think it would be a worthwhile addition, though, let me know.
c.b.powell

Post by c.b.powell »

No worries, thank you for clarifying. I think that it would be a "nice to have" so that we could open successive plans in the air in a realistic manner, but as far as I'm concerned that's a very low priority.

Chris
DrZGard

Post by DrZGard »

I know if I am flying a circuit of approaches for practice up here and staying in Portland Approach area I can use abbreviations in the remarks section to indicate which airport and type of approach. For instance I can take off and land at Aurora (KUAO) and fill out the remarks like this: SBM SIM ARL, which will translate to Salem Back Course Missed, Salem ILS Missed, Aurora RNAV Land. I don't know if other areas will utilize a similar system. Someone flying the Bay area or SoCal might pipe in and advise.
Regards,
Dr. Zane Gard
ASEL IFR

AOPA #00915027
EAA #825848
American Mensa #100314888