Aircraft joins cause CTD

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
davidsflying

Aircraft joins cause CTD

Post by davidsflying »

I've spent a lot of time hunting down a mysterious CTD I keep getting in FSX, and I think I've found it. I'm fairly sure it's caused by both SB4 and the PE client bringing a new multiplayer aircraft model into the sim. Has anyone seen this and if so any idea how to solve this issue?
djrisc

Re: Aircraft joins cause CTD

Post by djrisc »

The only CTD that I've dealt with in FSX is the notorious "Menu" crash, which can be fixed by replacing uiautomationcore.dll in Windows 7 which appears to have a bug that FSX runs in to constantly.

The fix is outlined here and worked great for me, and I haven't had a CTD in FSX in a very long time.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/273341-her ... win-7-x64/

However, this doesn't sound like the issue you are having?

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
PE: Skyhawk C172 - N8979T
davidsflying

Post by davidsflying »

No unfortunately that's not it, I did that fix some time ago.

The CTD itself is very sudden with no error message. It only seems to happen in PE and SB4, and it happens a lot more with the PE client (which makes sense with all the drone aircraft coming in). The random timing seems to coincide well with when other aircraft come in to the area too.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

perhaps a memory limit of some sort? try reducing the mp visibility down to the minimum.
davidsflying

Post by davidsflying »

I don't think that's the issue Keith because I'll get it in SB4 flying in a region where there's only 1 or 2 other people in range. Since it's common to both I wonder if one of the VIP models etc. are corrupt? I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstall the SB4 then the PE clients.
MervA

Post by MervA »

About 3 to 4 years ago I had a issue with FSX doing CTD's at various times, similar to your problem, in that it would not give an error message, just disappear
off the screen, cannot remember if it was strictly while flying online, but I eventually traced it to a bad memory stick.

Another time it was a video driver issue and updating the video driver sorted that out.

Do you have FSInn and does it do it with that, also how about other AI traffic say UT2, or My Traffic while not online.

Cya!

Merv
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor
davidsflying

Post by davidsflying »

Thanks Merv. Not seeing crashes in other games so I don't think it's a bad stick of ram but it could be an issue with video card drivers, I'll check that out, thanks!