Client Ident vs. VC Ident button FSX

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
C-JBCS

Client Ident vs. VC Ident button FSX

Post by C-JBCS »

Hello,

I was wondering if the Ident button on the VC of my A2A 172 (or any FSX aircraft for that matter) would function with PE as the client Ident button does? If so, I take it I could close or minimize the 2d PE client radio box?

Thanks!

Jay
Keith Smith

Re: Client Ident vs. VC Ident button FSX

Post by Keith Smith »

Long term that's going to vary from aircraft to aircraft. The stock 172, for example doesn't have a working transponder mode selector, or ident...it just has a pretty picture of the mode selector.

Some aircraft have an operating button, but it's not actually tied in to FSX's underlying avionics system.

All this is moot, however, until I implement IDENT properly in the FSX pilot client. It's been a long-standing issue. There is a new client build coming for the upcoming voice upgrade, I will do my level best to make sure it's included in that upgrade.
C-JBCS

Post by C-JBCS »

Hey Keith, thank you very much for such a quick reply. The PE service is fantastic. With regard to the ident button, I'm quite pleased either way. You got my subscription.

Cheers
jtek

Post by jtek »

Keith Smith wrote:All this is moot, however, until I implement IDENT properly in the FSX pilot client. It's been a long-standing issue.
I don't think I've ever been asked to ident by a PE controller. Is this because they can tell I'm on FSX and it wouldn't have any effect?
Josh Hinman
PPL ASEL IA (KSMO)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Could be you're coming out of fields where radar contact can be established without an ident.
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

Hi Keith,

Just in case you are wondering if that's still an outstanding issue for my sim and/or I forgot or gave up!

I'm still here waiting!!!!! :lol:

Remember the offsets for C and S mode as well (I know I'm pushing...).

Any idea when the new client will be available?

Thanks.
Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com