Elite Client

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
Michael Smith

Elite Client

Post by Michael Smith »

Is there a client app I can use to connect to PE via the Elite Premium BATD?
Flows Prevent Collisions - Good Landings Easy
Keith Smith

Re: Elite Client

Post by Keith Smith »

Have a chat with Wayne Keyes over at Elite. 2/3 of their configurations support PE directly now, we just haven't done the press release yet, but it's on the list.

Alternatively, if you're not running a P3D visual, just pure Elite, then an option would be to run FSX or XPlane on that hardware and use Elite drivers drive the flight controls and switches.
Michael Smith

Post by Michael Smith »

Hi Keith - Yes I am currently already running with those drivers and plugins for X-Plane and P3D, but I was curious as to connecting to PE from the Elite software only. According to their press release in April it was only available if using their Enhanced Visual System (EVS), and not for folks like me running with just the Elite Premium software. I thought perhaps using PE on the Elite software would be better than either: 1) purchasing an EVS or 2) purchasing their instrument approach scenarios or CFII software... but I'll give Wayne a shout. Thanks, Keith!
Flows Prevent Collisions - Good Landings Easy
jimmersh

Post by jimmersh »

Keith: Anything new from Elite? I am trying to figure out whether my system will hold and operate EVS and Elite BATD 8.6 without serious retooling. Hopefully there is a simpler solution in the works? Jim Hand
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I'd suggest you contact Wayne Keyes @ Elite with your request. They have solutions for pure P3D-based Elite systems, and their hybrid system (Elite core with P3D visual) but they haven't yet built an Elite-only solution. You can ping him about that and encourage them to get that done :)
jimmersh

Post by jimmersh »

Keith: Still patiently waiting for the new Prepar3d Driver for Elite Hardware which has been "coming soon" for a bit. I know Wayne is working on many fronts with the tech guys to improve and expand the Elite experience. I use my simulator almost daily both the the BATD 8.6 Deluxe and MSFSX with PE.
A side note, I use multiple screens with MSFSX and have not figured out how to keep the PE control panel "on top" of one of the side screens without severely tweaking my display settings. As I use all three screens with the Elite BATD 8.6. I don't want to mess around too much with my video settings as it works pretty well now... any suggestions? I am currently flashing back and forth from full screen to "not full screen" on MSFSX to access the PE control panel. Thanks! Jim H.