X-plane 10.3b5 on an iMac,with a Carenado Archer

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
flyingdrill

Re: X-plane 10.3b5 on an iMac,with a Carenado Archer

Post by flyingdrill »

Keith, you were quite right. Carenado says nothing about some things in their docs.! I had noticed that the Archer intercom switches had some unexpected functions. One puts you to the map, another starts a zoom. The volume on the intercom had the "circular" arrows, but they didn't seem to do anything. So, after I read what you wrote, I just dragged those arrows way further from the volume control knob than I had tried before, and "VOILÀ" - the engine volume adjusts. Perfect! In fact, I may try just using my external speakers and the built-in mic on the iMac for PE, instead of a headset. That way, I can easily adjust the controller volume to suit, until you build that function into the plugin (There's a little more "immersion" with the headset).

The key-presses for the radios: Your suggestion inspired me to look at the "keys" tab properly. I never appreciated just how configurable this all is. Why don't I read manuals? ;)