What causes PE client to stop responding ?

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
ChuckOman

What causes PE client to stop responding ?

Post by ChuckOman »

Keith - I've been running the FSX SB4 version of the PE Client fine for 6 months, and flew through more than a dozen flights to I11 rating without ever experiencing a PE client freeze. However last weekend my PE client stopped responding three times.

Each time my PE client stopped responding I continued to hear ATC - so it wasn't immediately obvious to me unless ATC noticed and said radar contact lost. Only when I switch window focus to PE client does a "not responding" message in the PE client window bar.
If I push transmit, the TX light no longer came on - even though on one occasion I later learned my mike was frozen hot.
Surprised me since the PE client has always worked flawlessly and I haven't changed anything.

My UAC is off, FSX is not running as administrator. I'm mapping a yoke button to FSUIPC4 to transmit.
I checked my broadband connection latency and speed - all normal.

Strangely all three freeze ups occurred when I was talking to SBA approach on 125.4; never on any of the dozen other frequencies that I useded on these trips. Could there have been any server issues that might cause this ?
I recall that day there were 10-25 pilots flying via the PSP Flying Av Expo.

What factors can occasionally cause the PE client to stop responding like this ?
Keith Smith

Re: What causes PE client to stop responding ?

Post by Keith Smith »

Chuck,

I don't run FSX so I don't have as much experience with the pilot client. I'm unaware of what causes it to hang and become unresponsive. Based on reports from other people, you might consider reducing the multiplayer visiblity to a lower number so that it will create fewer multiplayer aircraft within FSX. That's about the only correlation I've been able to make.