Transponder Link with PE Client

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
snglecoil

Re: Transponder Link with PE Client

Post by snglecoil »

Well Ok! I just had a successful ident on the network simply using ipc.writeSB(0x7b93, 1) Seems I was, in fact, over complicating things. I'll try ipc.control(1122,1) as well but wanted to specifically use ipc.write so I could turn around and ipc.read and display the value for debugging.

Don, thanks again for the help!
Chris
PE Call signs: N714VA or N619CT
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

Chris, Glad to hear it! Well done!
I'll try ipc.control(1122,1) as well but wanted to specifically use ipc.write so I could turn around and ipc.read and display the value for debugging.

Its really a moot point which method you use.

It you are just assigning a keystroke, or button/switch, use the control method rather than a lua script, as the lua script has to be compiled by FSUIPC, then executed. (though honestly, on simple scripts like this I don't think you could possibly detect the difference.) That's what I meant by using control functions when possible being more "efficient." You can do this via the pulldown menus in FSUIPC, or just edit your FSUIPC4.ini file manually.
1) Seems I was, in fact, over complicating things.
:lol:

Yea, over complicating things is my second-favorite pastime.... :D

Don
SimeonPA

Post by SimeonPA »

snglecoil hi,
yes i did tested it in PE and the controller noticed the IDENT. Unfortunately I have no experience with Lua script and i have no idea how to do the same approach with it.
What i am doing is just programing the Arduino to communicate with Link2fs Multi which sending the offset.
If you want i can post my Arduino script to see exactly what i am doing.