Scenery glitch near LAX. Help please :)

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
Breus

Scenery glitch near LAX. Help please :)

Post by Breus »

Don't know if this is the right forum for this, but I'm having an issue with my scenery. I can't seem to find the problem. Been looking at this for almost a week now :( I have FTX Global and Vectors, and FSDreamTeam LAX. I have the latest Orbxlibs files installed as well. In my scenery.cfg Orbxlibs are on top, under that I have all my FTX scenery, and after that FSDreamTeam LAX.

Near Torrance.

Coastline near LAX.
Marcus Becker

Re: Scenery glitch near LAX. Help please :)

Post by Marcus Becker »

I would recommend disabling one of those 2 and try again to verify which product is causing the problem. Once you find out which scenery is the culprit, contact that company's support system for trouble shooting.
NyyDave

Post by NyyDave »

Hello,

I had this problem as well and mine had to do with the Palm Springs install so maybe this solution works for you as well. From Avsim:

1. Go to your ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_CVX\scenery folder, and find the file named 1619_WTR_Waterbodies.OFF

2. Rename this file to 1619_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl

3. This will resolve the (far more important) coastline/waterbody issue, however the trade-off will be that the KPSP airport bagge tunnel will have a terrain clash.

-Dave H
Dave H
DA40 N1708B & BRAV N29EB
Breus

Post by Breus »

Thanks a lot Dave! That worked for me! ;)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I'm glad to hear this was solved. Which sim was this for so I can move it to the appropriate subforum?
Keith_Tyndall

Post by Keith_Tyndall »

I had the same problem. Made it really tricky to find Santa Barbara, because I was expecting it to be on the coast!
This fix corrected the problem for me too. Thanks!
P3D 2.5