Prepar3D & X-Plane Client Software

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
BonanzaDude

Prepar3D & X-Plane Client Software

Post by BonanzaDude »

I went to the dark side today and downloaded the X-Plane demo. Thanks ChevyRules727 for the nudge this afternoon. :D

Can I run both clients on my flight sim computer or remotely without issues?

Thanks,
John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H
Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements
My YouTube Videos
http://www.twitch.tv/Sim_Dude
Keith Smith

Re: Prepar3D & X-Plane Client Software

Post by Keith Smith »

the PE plugin for xplane won't conflict with your P3D setup.

The PE plugin can't be run remotely, it runs in process with the sim. There's isn't a reason that I'm aware of which would make you want to run it on a remote computer in any case.
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

If you are considering a copilot station... Consider this for the X-plane sim:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1817#p24634
Kyle Sanders
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

I'm just starting to mess with it. There is a fairly large learning curve from someone that has been using MS FlightSim since v2.0 and now Prepar3D. I'll mess with it a little more when I finish ferrying my Comanche to KLGB tonight.

John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
My YouTube Videos
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

If you are interested in any shared cockpit I am typically available on weekends....
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

BonanzaDude wrote:I'm just starting to mess with it. There is a fairly large learning curve from someone that has been using MS FlightSim since v2.0 and now Prepar3D. I'll mess with it a little more when I finish ferrying my Comanche to KLGB tonight.

John
John, I had the same feelings when I first switched and still run FSX/P3D on my machine from time to time. If you have and primarily fly A2A aircraft, you won't notice as much of a difference because their flight model is just that good. That said, the default 172 in X-Plane is a great "real" plane to fly and it's pretty lively in the winds. The night visuals are astounding in XP and the lighting seems much more realistic. I get much better overall performance with XP and with some add-ons, it's made a world of difference.

I installed the HDmesh v3 (free) and it's like Orbx Global and Vector to some extent. VFR flying is a snap.

Also: right click the mouse to free-pan around the cockpit is awesome!

Saving up for some TrackIR gear next...

Steve
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I look around the cockpit with q, w, e, r, f and then save the resulting views with the quick look feature (ctrl-numpad to save then numpad to recall. Just make sure the numlock is on)
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

Problem that I am having is zooming in the cockpit. I have used the Shift 9 to get the 3D panel but I'm way too close. When I use the wheel or the , and . keys to zoom I end up zooming into the back seat and cannot see through the seat. With FSX/P3D it was possible to use the + and - keys to zoom from the spot in the seat. I'll get it, it will just take awhile. This was in the Baron and C172.

Thanks for your help guys. I don't plan to replace P3D just want to try something with the smaller GA planes, PC12, Baron, etc. I'll never replace my PMDG 737 and 777. for starters they cost too much. :o :o

John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
My YouTube Videos
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Change your field of view. You can do that on the Settings -> Rendering page and then towards the bottom.
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

Marcus Becker wrote:Change your field of view. You can do that on the Settings -> Rendering page and then towards the bottom.
Marcus,

Thanks!!! I have it at set at 65% and that is perfect.

So happy to be able to use TeamView and RDP into my flight sim computer at home. :D

John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
My YouTube Videos