LOST COMMS XPlane v 10.4 beta 9

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
Robert McDonald

Re: LOST COMMS XPlane v 10.4 beta 9

Post by Robert McDonald »

Suspect named in lost PE COMMS investigation: BUS VOLTAGE

Running forensics on the data refs to see if Bus Voltage is dropping below nominal levels thus causing PE to disconnect... could be a BETA 9 XPlane Bug... more later.

EDIT: Resolved.

The problem in fact DID revolve around the electrical bus losing power over the course of the flight - a generator issue. Once I turned on the data refs for the electrical components, I was able to see that neither Gen1 nor Gen2 was outputting any amperes to the system... and once the power fell below a certain minimal figure, PilotEdge disconnected itself.

I was able to get ONE of the TWO x737 generators working, and thus I was finally able to make a complete flight on PilotEdge. This was NOT a PilotEdge issue, but rather a problem with the x737 aircraft and/or the external avionics package I use to control the aircraft in XPlane 10.4 beta 10. Beta 10 was released this morning (22 AUG 15) but did NOT solve my issue.

Many thanks to Keith Smith of PilotEdge for diagnosing my issue based on the last line in the pilot_edge.out file from the main XPlane 10 folder.
Last edited by Robert McDonald on Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

small clarification, pe isn't disconnecting, you are still on the network. it is simply killing your comms.

this is a feature which had been there since day 1. if the radio isn't getting enough power, we simulate them no longer having the power to transmit and receive. this allows alternator failures in the sim to carry some weight.
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

I just saw this thread and wish I could have posted sooner. I had a similar problem, X-Plane, non-beta. I lost comms for what was later determined to be the same failure reason. In my case, I had turned the engine start switches to "flight" and that stopped the generators from charging and therefore I was running off batteries. This was on the FlyJSim 732.

Steve
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge