Pilot Edge error whilst connecting

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
Flyer4635

Pilot Edge error whilst connecting

Post by Flyer4635 »

Hi. I am getting an error whilst trying to connect to the Pilotedge network. My simulator is running and my plane is unpaused, on the ground, on the apron before I start the Pilotedge software. I am using P3D 2.5.

So, when I go to connect I get an error that says something like "Unable to connect to the Air Traffic Control server". When I close that dialog box, another error appears in the "terminal" that says "Protocol Error". Any Ideas anyone of how to fix this?

Thanks in Advance,

-Thomas
ridikamus

Re: Pilot Edge error whilst connecting

Post by ridikamus »

Many times "Protocol Error" turns out to be a mistyped password or user name. Double check your credentials and make sure you've gotten the user name (the email address you registered with) and password correct.
V-3 CAT-11 I-11
Flyer4635

Post by Flyer4635 »

Thanks for your reply. I have checked and double checked the password and and e-mail and they are correct. But it still does not explain the "Unable to connect to Air Traffic Control Server"
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

Are you using the Pilotedge client to connect to the service as outlined in:
http://www.pilotedge.net/pages/connect-msfs

Can you confirm WHICH server name appears in PE client connect window under the Address field? Mine is vspro.pilotedge.net.

Can you ping vspro.pilotedge.net? On windows use the command prompt (CMD) to execute the PING command.

+1 on above. The "Unable to connect to Air Traffic Control Server" also happens when the user-id/password is not correct. Try blanking out the fields and re-entering. Sometimes there are unprintable characters in the field.

>>>sample Windows ping command output:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

H:\>ping vspro.pilotedge.net

Pinging training.pilotedge.net [75.99.126.91] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 75.99.126.91: bytes=32 time=85ms TTL=47
Reply from 75.99.126.91: bytes=32 time=71ms TTL=47
Reply from 75.99.126.91: bytes=32 time=76ms TTL=47
Reply from 75.99.126.91: bytes=32 time=73ms TTL=47

Ping statistics for 75.99.126.91:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 71ms, Maximum = 85ms, Average = 76ms
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Thomas,

Your forum email is different than the email you must've used to sign up for the PE service, so I'm not able to look into this on our end without more information from you. Drop me a PM with your PE-registered email address, or your first/last name and I'll look through the server logs to see if there were any connection attempts, and why the server may have rejected the connection.