P3D & FSX - CTD using ORBX SCA + ORBX KPSP Sceneries

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
MervA

P3D & FSX - CTD using ORBX SCA + ORBX KPSP Sceneries

Post by MervA »

Was doing a flight from KPSP to KSMX yesterday, then as I was doing the CATH1 dep at about 4 to 6 DME south of PSP my Sim started
freaking out and within 10 sec CTD, these days it's usually very stable but then I remembered a similar problem with KSNA with LatinVFR
scenery, so headed over to FTX ORBX Forums to see if the was an issue with scenery at KPSP also, short story Yes.

If you suffer CTD in FSX or P3D using above sceneries, remove these files from ..\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KPSP\scenery\

LC_1619.bgl
LC_1619_Seasons.bgl
LC_1620.bgl
LC_1620_Seasons.bgl
LC_1719.bgl
LC_1719_Seasons.bgl
LC_1720.bgl
LC_1720_Seasons.bgl

Jarrad will be releasing an update for KPSP soon.

And BTW while I am here about this, just want to remind you guys and girls about the other crash problem you may have, that is the KSNA John Wayne LatinVFR scenery.
Installing LatinVFR KSNA and ORBX SCA Southern California Scenery may cause you sim to crash, if so, rename or remove the land class file called " LC_1620.bgl " make sure you back it up first before deleting it.

Cheers
Merv

PS: I did a number of test flights at KPSP and also suffered OOM's with those LC files installed
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor
garretwilk

Re: P3D & FSX - CTD using ORBX SCA + ORBX KPSP Sceneries

Post by garretwilk »

Thank you so much for this.

I ran into this problem the other day and have been going crazy trying to figure it out. Your solution works great.

Cheers!

GW
Garret Wilkerson
En Route ATCS
PPL-SEL