Dual Headsets

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
Tim Krajcar

Re: Dual Headsets

Post by Tim Krajcar »

Keith Smith wrote:It has aux in/out (3.5mm audio jacks). Hook up the PC output to the aux in on the intercom, and hook up the PC input to the aux out on the intercom.
Oh, awesome. Updated my post.
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
stantona

Post by stantona »

Is there anyone willing to help me get my sound set up? With or without Voicemeeter? I am using Windows 10 and having no luck with the sounds using Pilotedge. It worked at one time but something happened when I wasn't looking.
Thanks,
Alex
BFG

Post by BFG »

I use a USB solution for twin aviation headsets, primarily because I need to control the headsets / intercom as its own sound card for video purposes. I use the FlightSounds Dual-X. It's expensive, but I have enjoyed it very much because of the increased control it gives me over different inputs (headset vs. sim sound in the headset). Works perfectly with PE, and there is zero delay between the headsets. It also imparts a VHF / "real world" sound to your conversations. Full review here:

http://www.ontheglideslope.net/2016/06/ ... t-adapter/

If I started from scratch I'm sure I could have worked a USB adapter / PC mixer / real-world intercom solution for my real headsets, but this was plug and play and integrated seamlessly into my hope 'pit.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

stantona wrote:Is there anyone willing to help me get my sound set up? With or without Voicemeeter? I am using Windows 10 and having no luck with the sounds using Pilotedge. It worked at one time but something happened when I wasn't looking.
Thanks,
Alex
Post a picture of your recording devices tab from the windows audio settings showing all the devices, their names and which one is the default communications device and/or the default device. My guess is we'll debug it fairly quickly from that one picture.