AeroFly FS 2

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
Keith Smith

Re: AeroFly FS 2

Post by Keith Smith »

I plan to work on it in about 6-8 weeks from now. It will likely use a standalone application to bridge with the PE network (similar to how the FSX/P3D client works). That bridging application is done (it was written to allow easy integration with high level flight training devices and full flight simulators), I just need to build the plugin for AeroFly FS2 to talk to the bridge...that should only take 1-2 days.
javierrmercado

Post by javierrmercado »

This is awesome news! I'm currently flying P3D with FlyInside on an HTC VIVE, but really want to switch to do some flying with Aerofly FS2 and start playing it while it evolves. Since they don't have an ATC module, Pilot Edge will be an awesome thing to have. Please make sure you make an announcement on Aerofly's forum on Steam; I'm sure a lot of users will really appreciate it!
Javi Mercado
ewandougie

Post by ewandougie »

I was playing around with the latest update after not using it for a while, and its come on a long way, the flight planning has improved and the LNAV seems to work properly in the A320, LJ, King Air etc.

I mean for VFR its downright impressive the level of detail and how it is silky smooth
Skye

<RandomAirline>1050
G-SKYE
N17SK
pipeorgan

Post by pipeorgan »

Aerofly FS2 and Oculus Rift is awesome and I am sure would be absolutely amazing with Pilot Edge. When will we be able to try it, hopefully very soon?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Very soon? No. But it's on the list. The Expansion, an upcoming commercial project and some much needed love for the P3D/FSX client are all going to trump development for a new platform.
pipeorgan

Post by pipeorgan »

That's a shame but at least it's on the list, thanks. You also mention Expansion, that's interesting, would love to see you active in the uk sometime:)
golfpilot

Post by golfpilot »

Thank you Keith. I am especially interested in using this sim because it apparently has "out of the box" oculus rift support. I haven't had time to install it yet but I will soon, maybe...
The airplanes capabilities aren't really a big deal to me. The ability to track nav frequencies vor/ils and have a working throttle and joystick are the most important to me. Vr would hopefully be able to provide some disorientation simulation!
Andrew Roberts
Real World Private Pilot w/instrument
Walnut Creek, CA
PE callsign: N56PA
pipeorgan

Post by pipeorgan »

Well you are in for a massive treat when you try it with Oculus Rift, for me it is the nearest feeling to really flying.
golfpilot

Post by golfpilot »

I loaded up a baron at my home airport. with crap minimums. Mixture didn't work, prop levers didn't work. However, I was able to make out the instruments and tuning the radios is very easy. I took off into the soup and flew a memorized approach back into the airport. All I can say is WOW, although the physics are questionable that was still the most realistic landing experience I have ever had in a simulator. I was actually able to look out down and around and for the first time on a sim I had a sense of how fast I was really approaching that runway. So cool! When these headsets have good resolution, one of these companies are going to throw in a virtual ipad for plates and this will be the only way to sim!
Andrew Roberts
Real World Private Pilot w/instrument
Walnut Creek, CA
PE callsign: N56PA
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

VR is coming to other sims, really soon. My question would be when is a great flight model coming to AeroFly FS2?