Is it possible to hear yourself on Tx

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
4535jacks

Is it possible to hear yourself on Tx

Post by 4535jacks »

In RW flying when I transmit, I can hear my own voice over the radio/intercom. On PE I cannot and it makes me constantly think the radio is not working or I am not transmitting correctly. Therefore is there a way to set it so I hear my own voice of the radio when transmitting?

Jacks
wmburns

Re: Is it possible to hear yourself on Tx

Post by wmburns »

There's a small "widget" PE window that is often under the flight sim window. There's a TX and RX light that will let you know when transmitting. Most people don't know it is there unless task switching (alt tab) to it. Some people will move the window to another screen.

The other option is to monitor PE with the PilotEdge receiver. However this is best done when testing/trouble shooting a new system for the first time.

http://www.pilotedge.net/pages/pilotedge-receiver
Last edited by wmburns on Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

In your Windows system sounds, you can configure your mic to be heard in your headphones. It's typically muted by default.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

kevin meyers wrote:In your Windows system sounds, you can configure your mic to be heard in your headphones. It's typically muted by default.
I would suggest this because you might get about half a second delay using the receiver.
Kyle Sanders
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

What you're describing is purely an intercom function. You're not hearing yourself over the radio. You can either hook up a real aviation intercom: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/a ... key=235483

Or you can simulate one using the techniques described above. Either way, it's outside the scope of PE.

I don't have an intercom setup at home, but once I know the headset is working, I transmit with confidence. There's no real reason to suspect the radio is broken as long as I've had one good transmission.