PE will not connect unless I use an old callsign

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
Jim Parish

PE will not connect unless I use an old callsign

Post by Jim Parish »

I have deleted the PE client and reinstalled, and am unable to log onto the server with any callsign other than those which show as I activate the client (previous callsigns). I flew a T38 into Edwards this afternoon and had to use an old C182 callsign (very embarrassing - I was the laughingstock of the whole base) ;)

Each time I attempt to connect with a new callsign it says 'unable to connect to server'.

Jim
wmburns

Re: PE will not connect unless I use an old callsign

Post by wmburns »

Please confirm the sim (FSX, FSX SE, P3D, X-Plane) and operating system (Windows, Linux, Mac).

Please confirm that call sign is in all Caps with no special characters or spaces.

Please confirm how many letters are in the call sign. Confirm what happens when a shorter call sign is used. Confirm that you are typing in the fields and not cut/paste.

Please confirm that you are using the latest PE client.

Note there was an issue with older PE client under Linux and Mac with longer call signs (resolved in the latest PE client). Also sometimes there can be un-printable characters in the field that will cause errors. Hence why it's important to actually type into the fields.
Last edited by wmburns on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Parish

Re: PE will not connect unless I use an old callsign

Post by Jim Parish »

Good morning - thanks for the reply.

This is indeed pilot error it seems - I was typing in TACO 21 rather than TACO21. The latter works just fine. All this time and I didn't realize there can be no spaces in the call sign!

Jim