ATC Can't Hear Me. Tried All Forum Remedies.

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
luckyb52

ATC Can't Hear Me. Tried All Forum Remedies.

Post by luckyb52 »

Hi All,

I'm running P3D V3.3 latest build (17625) and have been happily flying with PE for a month. A problem developed yesterday.

No problem signing on to PE. However when tuned to the appropriate COM I can hear ATC but ATC can't hear me.

Tested my mic using Skype, works fine. Tested my right control key using it to build URLs in my browser, works fine.

I am using the default recording device (Sennheiser headset).

Clicked right Control key 5 times in less than 4 seconds; PE did not disconnect. I assume that means my audio signal is not getting to PE.

Any ideas on how I can get ATC to hear me will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Lucky :)

///////////////
MervA

Re: ATC Can't Hear Me. Tried All Forum Remedies.

Post by MervA »

Hi Lucky,

If you are logging in Ok, and can hear ATC, your first port of call would be to check if you are transmitting, have you open the transponder module and checked the Tx light is [ON] when you press the PTT button.

Merv
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor
luckyb52

Post by luckyb52 »

Thanks for that tip, Merv, will try it and see what happens!

Best,

Lucky

////////////
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

No problem signing on to PE. However when tuned to the appropriate COM I can hear ATC but ATC can't hear me.
The most common reason for this is that you are running P3D in administrator mode. If you are doing that you must also run PE in administrator mode, otherwise P3D "eats" the PTT button press and refuses to pass it onto PE.
Peter Grey
PilotEdge Director of Quality Assurance and Operations
peter@pilotedge.net
luckyb52

Post by luckyb52 »

Hi Peter,

You hit the nail in the head, bro! I was indeed running P3D in admin mode and PE in non-admin mode. I got P3D out of admin mode and got my PE life back!

Thanks for the great advice, Peter ---

Best,

Lucky

///////////