Wrong aircraft codes w/ FSX client?

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
jimarmstrong

Wrong aircraft codes w/ FSX client?

Post by jimarmstrong »

I'm trying to fly a B738 that should be filed as /L. In the Pilotedge FSX client, when I select "/L - RVSM, GNSS" in the Aircraft Capabilities box, it actually comes up in Aircraft Type as B738/Q! Apparently this is what the controllers are seeing as I've had to explain this several times.

I've noticed a few mismatches:

Selecting /X gets /T
Selecting /T gets /X
Selecting /V gets /E
Selecting /S gets /F
Selecting /W gets /R
Selecting /Z gets /W
and finally, /L gets /Q

Is this a bug in the client? Is there any way for me to override it so I don't have to tell the controllers I should be /L every time?
Kyle.Sanders

Re: Wrong aircraft codes w/ FSX client?

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

I've heard many pilots report to ATC in their initial call their correct suffix code along with placing it in the remarks section of the flight plan. The ATC are able to change it for you.
Also, consider filing online- http://www.pilotedge.net/pilot_tools/file
(A bit off subject)-Then, when it comes to VFR, there isn't even a space for the SoCal (or any that I know of) TRACON doesn't even have a place to put that info) your suffix code, so therefore it's not even mentioned.
Kyle Sanders
jimarmstrong

Post by jimarmstrong »

Kyle.Sanders wrote:I've heard many pilots report to ATC in their initial call their correct suffix code along with placing it in the remarks section of the flight plan. The ATC are able to change it for you.
Also, consider filing online- http://www.pilotedge.net/pilot_tools/file
(A bit off subject)-Then, when it comes to VFR, there isn't even a space for the SoCal (or any that I know of) TRACON doesn't even have a place to put that info) your suffix code, so therefore it's not even mentioned.
Awesome, I was not aware of the online filing utility! This should clear things up, thank you so much!
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Another off subject... Take a look at www.myflightroute.com
Kyle Sanders
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

jimarmstrong wrote:I'm trying to fly a B738 that should be filed as /L. In the Pilotedge FSX client, when I select "/L - RVSM, GNSS" in the Aircraft Capabilities box, it actually comes up in Aircraft Type as B738/Q! Apparently this is what the controllers are seeing as I've had to explain this several times.

I've noticed a few mismatches:

Selecting /X gets /T
Selecting /T gets /X
Selecting /V gets /E
Selecting /S gets /F
Selecting /W gets /R
Selecting /Z gets /W
and finally, /L gets /Q

Is this a bug in the client? Is there any way for me to override it so I don't have to tell the controllers I should be /L every time?
Thanks, sounds like a bug in the client. Will check it out when able.