Remote client PTT

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
simMechanic

Remote client PTT

Post by simMechanic »

Hey all,

I am looking for a solution to my setup. Lemme explain my setup and then the solution I am looking for.
2 computers, Sim1 & Sim2
Sim 1 runs p3d, as16, efb data controller, etc.
Sim 2 runs EFB display unit, PE client, PFPX, and my headset

Both computers are obviously networked and I run them both from a single keyboard mouse using synergy to move from Sim1 to Sim2, this setup works awesome.
When using vPilot on vatsim, I can run a vpilot plugin on Sim1 that allows me to press my PTT while in SIM1 and Talk into the headset connected to Sim2.

Does the PE client offer a similar functionality? Right now I have to press my PTT while my mouse is on the screen in Sim2, obviously I am in Sim1 most of the time so several of my readbacks go out unbroadcasted. Can this be fixed?

Thanks!
Keith Smith

Re: Remote client PTT

Post by Keith Smith »

PilotEdge responds to PTT commands via SimConnect or via FSUIPC. If you can trigger the RW/SB push to talk commands via FSUIPC across your network (perhaps WideFS accommodates this, I'm not sure), that would do it.

Otherwise, consider running the PE client on the same machine as P3D. The CPU usage of PilotEdge is next to nothing, and it will likely run on a separate core to your sim, so there should be no performance hit. If you see a frame drop, it's because of P3D drawing AI aircraft, a hit that you'll take no matter what.

There are very few benefits to running PE on a separate machine for P3D IMHO.
BonanzaDude

Re: Remote client PTT

Post by BonanzaDude »

simMechanic,

It's possible the way Keith describes using FSUIPC and WideClient. I believe the WideClient means you have to have the paid version though.

I would still be using the client on my remote machine if it wasn't for my streaming.

John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H
Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements
My YouTube Videos
http://www.twitch.tv/Sim_Dude