GPS Output for DCS

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
wdhurley

GPS Output for DCS

Post by wdhurley »

I'm wondering if anyone has tackled this yet. I fly realworld with an ipad and foreflight. FSX/Prepar3d has the fsxflight program which transmits the plane's location in the sim to foreflight. Is this possible in DCS? Does anyone have the knowledge to do so?
Keith Smith

Re: GPS Output for DCS

Post by Keith Smith »

It would be a trivial amount of work....like 10 lines of meaningful code, maybe less. The specification for sending position, AHRS and traffic to ForeFlight is published and is straight forward.

It could be added to the DCS Bridge as a capability. that way you wouldn't need to install another LUA script.

That said, other than a Huey, which isn't doing aerobatics, do A-10, F-5 and Mirage pilots fly with an iPad? (It's not rhetorical, I really don't know and am curious).
wdhurley

Re: GPS Output for DCS

Post by wdhurley »

The reason I want it is just for added situational awareness. I've come to really like having the moving map. It, of course, is not a requirement. But I'm all for adding every bit of comfort I can. I did notice that a lot of the fighter guys that brought their warbirds to OSH this year did have either an iPad or similar. I