Ulimate traffic

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
shammah98

Re: Ulimate traffic

Post by shammah98 »

I noticed last night, that the other traffic (real), just showed up as the generic triangles with "?". I'm guessing FSX just didnt have the models? How do I get it so that the actual plane type is showing up, and not just shapes? Does this have to do with the PE client/SB or FSX?
As far as UTX goes, I haven't noticed any intereference, on or off. If it's on, I notice more airlines parked at the terminals, or in the skies (and I haven't had any conflicts yet, though I imagine this could change if I tried to fly into a busier field), and if I turn it off, the traffic just disappears. (i turned if off once to see which were drones and which were UTX AI flights)

Not to hijack my own thread ;) , but last night, FSX (I have ultimate terrain scenary), showed me on taxiway E, controller was seeing me on the correct location, but C. checking the ap diag, turns out I actually was on C, but for some reason, the signage in FSX was reading something different. Any good sources for updated scenary for FSX?
thanks!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If you've signed up for the service, grab the new PE pilot client. When it doesn't know what to use to draw a plane, it at least draws a 172.

The issue is that someone is flying a model that you don't have on your machine, or more specifically, hasn't been mapped to the models on your machine. We don't know what aircraft you have installed or not installed. We ship with a library and we also assume the default aircraft are there, too.

As time goes on, we'll have tutorials that explain how to add any additional aircraft that you might have into the system so that they'll be used to display the other traffic.
Charan Kumar

Post by Charan Kumar »

KS, are you sure about the AI trfc being disabled? I know that happened in FS9, but in FSX, unless you turn down the Traffic (from Settings->Display Menu) to 0, you will see AI traffic whether or not you are connected. Of course, I am a primarily FSInn user, not sure how sqkbox handles it. Since I use the same setup with Trfc at '0', I don't see AI trfc on PE either.

As for airport updates, there try this for freeware (http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html) and for payware, you can use simmarket or fspilotshop kind of websites.
Simon Ambrose

Post by Simon Ambrose »

Charan Kumar wrote:KS, are you sure about the AI trfc being disabled? I know that happened in FS9, but in FSX, unless you turn down the Traffic (from Settings->Display Menu) to 0, you will see AI traffic whether or not you are connected. Of course, I am a primarily FSInn user, not sure how sqkbox handles it. Since I use the same setup with Trfc at '0', I don't see AI trfc on PE either.

I have NO idea about X-Plane, but for MSFS :-

Both FS9 and FSX can display AI traffic in FREE FLIGHT mode. This is the mode you typically are in when you connect the SB/PE client to your sim. If you "choose" to turn up your Sim's AI traffic, you will see it, but have very little control over what it does.

However, the SB Client (and I assume the PE Client), takes great care NOT to send YOUR AI traffic out onto the network, to prevent the total Chaos of EVERYONE seeing EVERYONE Elses AI Traffic. !!

If FSX is run in "FSX MUltiplayer Mode", then FSX itself disables it's Internally generated AI traffic (except Tow Planes, and any "Traffic Program" that is not considerate enough to detect that FSX is in Multiplayer Mode, and not inject traffic into the players Sim). However, the SB (and I assume PE Client) will not allow those onto the network,

The bottom line is, only ONE aircraft, the one being flown by the Human pilot, should ever get passed through the SB/PE client, onto the network.

This obviously does NOT apply to the PE, server-side, generated DRONES. ( Which are VERY COOL !!)