Ulimate traffic

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
shammah98

Ulimate traffic

Post by shammah98 »

How does this add in affect PE? Does having all the sim traffic, plus the PE clones and real trffic cause conflict?
Thx
Keith Smith

Re: Ulimate traffic

Post by Keith Smith »

Haven't tried it. What's your experience been so far? My instinct would be to disable it, simply because you don't want to be in an environment where some of the planes are known to ATC and some are not.
shammah98

Post by shammah98 »

doesn't appear to cause any obvious conflicts, there's just more traffic in the sky (which is nice, especially at night when u can see em). The thing is I cant tell which are sim generated and which are PE gen. I guess i can turn it off and see
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

There are like 538 drones in the PE skies. The skies seem pretty busy already.

What does ultimate traffic do?
Charan Kumar

Post by Charan Kumar »

KS can confirm this, but your ultimate traffic won't show up on the ATC clients used by PE ATC. They can only provide traffic advisories and vectors based on what they see, which will be you, the other pilots on the network and the drones. They can't provide you separation from Ultimate traffic which they don't see. Moreover, they will clear you to land when there will be a line of ultimate traffic acft already landing on the rwy or worse yet, taking off on the reciprocal :). You are better off turning it off unless of course you don't mind flying thru a few acft, and that is assuming you have Ignore crashes!!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Charan, that's 100% correct. That's why we're not sure what the purpose of UT would be if you're flying on an online network.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Another simple option would be increasing drone traffic but if I remember correctly from the posts in the past, the drone traffic density is quite equal to real life or it isn't, Keith?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The drone traffic is probably higher density than real life for the airspace that the drones inhabit.

What we're missing is traffic at the big towered airports (LAX, LAS, SAN, etc). Drones are not the solution to that problem, though, people are.
Christian Mears

Post by Christian Mears »

It was causing problems for me initially when I first attempted to run the FSX client a while back. Uninstalled it and haven't tried it since.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Now that I think about it, the PE client goes above and beyond to STOP AI traffic from being present in the sim. So, I'm thinking they won't play well together.