loose sound in flight

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
deansalman

loose sound in flight

Post by deansalman »

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem but the sound cuts off after a flight longer that 45 minutes. I am still connected because the client says I am and the map shows me. It is random and I am not the only one having this issue, I know a few others. Not sure if this is a windows 10 last update issue or what but it started around that same time. I was wondering if anyone is having this problem. disconnecting the network and reconnecting fixes it but then the squawk is lost by ATC I suspect. Its a puzzle for sure
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star
Kyle.Sanders

Re: loose sound in flight

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Your alternator is likely not supplying your radios what they need to operate.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7651
Kyle Sanders
deansalman

Post by deansalman »

Not sure that is the same problem, I was able to get weather and change freq. Also the Nav 2 picked up the name of the VOR. Amps were normal on the MDF. Also restarting PE fixes it
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star
deansalman

Post by deansalman »

Kyle.Sanders wrote:Your alternator is likely not supplying your radios what they need to operate.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7651
So the aircraft is running fine when this happens, volts are good and amps are good. what else do I check This is a Twin star with G1000 Also this just started and I have been flying the Twin for some time now. It I am the only one that has this issue, other than the few others I know I can just disconnect the network when this happens so I dont break any FAA rules
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Please post in the most simulator-specific forum. I can't tell if this is P3D/FSX or Xplane that you're talking about, so it's hard to provide accurate guidance.

That said, if reconnecting to the network fixes the issue then it's not related to electrical systems in the sim, that's simply a networking issue.
deansalman

Post by deansalman »

I should know better, I found what was wrong in mind and the the others,
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I found what was wrong in mind and the the others,
Glad to hear you solved it, no idea what the above means, though.