The connection was unexpectedly closed

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
Christian Braun

The connection was unexpectedly closed

Post by Christian Braun »

I cannot connect to Pilot Edge anymore. It worked 2 days ago and i heard ATC and all was working. Now i can not connect with the following error:

An error occured connecting to the Air Traffic Control server. The connection was unexpectedly closed.

Strange think it happens with Prepard3D and X-Plane11. Login ,Callsign and Aircraft Type is correct.
Firewall is off, all connections allowed. I can connect with the PE Receiver no problem there.
I can ping the PE Server vspro.pilotedge.net via the command promt.

I dont know what happend, i did nothing that can explain this behaviour.
Christian Braun

Re: The connection was unexpectedly closed

now i see [ERROR] Protocol Error: Permission denied at the main PE Clients Windows in red letter
Christian Braun

Got it fixed. somehow the Aircraft Type was very strange PA28-A'A . i corrected it and now i can connect. sorry my mistake. All working. Maybe my head fell on the keyboard last night :-)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The current P3D client doesn't show detailed errors messages, whereas xplane does. I would suggest next time posting the error message that you were getting from X-Plane, and post it in the X-Plane forum.

I'm also confused because you said "the aircraft type was correct." In a subsequent post, you said it was "P28A'A"

Was it incorrect all along, then? If so, how was it incorrect in P3D AND xplane? That would be hard to do without knowing you were doing it.
Christian Braun

I think there were some things happening at the same time.
The Aircraft in P3D was wrong and at the same time i had internet problems while trying in X-Plane i think.
P3D is now working & X-Plane is working.
P3D i have some Problems seeing some other Pilots, i dont see all.
But I see it as good possibility to make finally the jump on X-Plane. Love the High Quality Models for the Modelmatching in X-Plane