ATIS

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
RogerW

ATIS

Post by RogerW »

Does PE provide the ATIS or is my FSX generating it?
Sounds like FSX voices and is not matching real-world weather(default "real-world weather" that is)
Roger W.
Home: Valkaria, Fl (X59)
PE Rating: CAT-11, I-2
Real World hrs 7, Virtual hrs thousands
FSX
Aircraft: A2A Cessna 182 Skylane
Tail Number: N7365W
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCitoWL ... bagrJnQyrw
Tim Krajcar

Re: ATIS

Post by Tim Krajcar »

PE does not currently have any ATIS implementation, so if you're hearing ATIS, it's from your sim and reflects the weather settings currently in use in the sim.
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
FDXDave

Post by FDXDave »

Tim answered regarding tunning your radios to ATIS. But you can use this website controlled by PE for ATIS. Most of the time the info is accurate.

http://www.myflightroute.com/

Dave
RogerW

Post by RogerW »

Thank you both of you. I thought so on the ATIS
It sounded too familiar.

Thanks for the link :)

Roger
Roger W.
Home: Valkaria, Fl (X59)
PE Rating: CAT-11, I-2
Real World hrs 7, Virtual hrs thousands
FSX
Aircraft: A2A Cessna 182 Skylane
Tail Number: N7365W
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCitoWL ... bagrJnQyrw
tbaac

Post by tbaac »

Interesting about ATIS. I notice on the myflightroute website it has a link to an ATIS Player, playing audio clips.

As the clips already exist, it would be fun to have the option to have them streamed to your simulator when connected to PE and tuned to the relevant frequency within range I think.
Have it optional obviously for those that don't use real weather but it still could be cool.

I know ATIS comes up every so often and I imagine there's a really good reason why this isn't practical but I can't think of it right now.
Other than the work involved in doing it, all I can think is that maybe not all airfields are covered. Would be nice though.

Thanks.
kullery

Post by kullery »

Keith has addressed this topic a number of times in the past. This project is on his “development radar” (perhaps when it’s set to maximum range). See viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7147 for some of his posts on this topic.
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
Steven Maddox

Post by Steven Maddox »

kullery wrote:Keith has addressed this topic a number of times in the past. This project is on his “development radar” (perhaps when it’s set to maximum range). See viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7147 for some of his posts on this topic.
Would it be possible to get MyFlightRoute to display the ATIS text, similar to what you would see with D-ATIS? For example, LAX looks like this:
LAX ATIS INFO B 1725Z SPECIAL. 10003KT 2 1/2SM BR BKN013 BKN019 BKN140 BKN180 12/09 A3014 (THREE ZERO ONE FOUR) RMK AO2 VIS 1 1/2V3. SIMUL INST APCHS IN PROG TO RWYS 24R AND 25L, AND SIMUL APCHS IN PROG BTWN LAX AND HHR, SIMUL INSTR DEPARTURES IN PROG RWYS 24 AND 25. CTC L A GC ON 121.4 FOR PUSH ON TAXILANE S AND PUSH OR TAXI ON A. NOTAMS... TWY D CLSD BTN TWY R AND TWY T TWY E12 CLSD. CRANES AFFECTING RWY 24R ARE DOWN. TAXI LANE S CLSD BTWN TWY T 1 AND T 2. TWY T 2 RESTRICTED TO B737 AND A321 AIRCRAFT AND SMALLER. BIRD ACTIVITY VICINITY ARPT. HAZD WX INFO FOR LAX AREA AVBL FM FLT WATCH. INCLUDE YOUR CALL SIGN IN ALL READBACKS. ...ADVS YOU HAVE INFO B.
Would be cool for the tubeliner guys who simulate ACARS.
Steven Maddox
FAA ATP ERJ-170/190, CFII
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Steven Maddox wrote:
kullery wrote:Keith has addressed this topic a number of times in the past. This project is on his “development radar” (perhaps when it’s set to maximum range). See viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7147 for some of his posts on this topic.
Would it be possible to get MyFlightRoute to display the ATIS text, similar to what you would see with D-ATIS? For example, LAX looks like this:
LAX ATIS INFO B 1725Z SPECIAL. 10003KT 2 1/2SM BR BKN013 BKN019 BKN140 BKN180 12/09 A3014 (THREE ZERO ONE FOUR) RMK AO2 VIS 1 1/2V3. SIMUL INST APCHS IN PROG TO RWYS 24R AND 25L, AND SIMUL APCHS IN PROG BTWN LAX AND HHR, SIMUL INSTR DEPARTURES IN PROG RWYS 24 AND 25. CTC L A GC ON 121.4 FOR PUSH ON TAXILANE S AND PUSH OR TAXI ON A. NOTAMS... TWY D CLSD BTN TWY R AND TWY T TWY E12 CLSD. CRANES AFFECTING RWY 24R ARE DOWN. TAXI LANE S CLSD BTWN TWY T 1 AND T 2. TWY T 2 RESTRICTED TO B737 AND A321 AIRCRAFT AND SMALLER. BIRD ACTIVITY VICINITY ARPT. HAZD WX INFO FOR LAX AREA AVBL FM FLT WATCH. INCLUDE YOUR CALL SIGN IN ALL READBACKS. ...ADVS YOU HAVE INFO B.
Would be cool for the tubeliner guys who simulate ACARS.
Just click on the ICAO code for the airport you want to select and it goes to a text version.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
kullery

Post by kullery »

Cleverly hidden in the column labeled “Text File
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
Steven Maddox

Post by Steven Maddox »

D’oh. I was looking at the CRAFT details page, didn’t even think to check the ATIS page. Very nice, and thanks for all the work on the site! It’s very useful.
Steven Maddox
FAA ATP ERJ-170/190, CFII