problem with sound from ATC

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
deansalman

problem with sound from ATC

Post by deansalman »

I have a odd issue that is driving the controllers crazy, my sounds gets very faint to the point I almost cannot hear there. Sometimes I cannot hear them at all. It has been happening for a month now and I cannot find a solution Will deleting the sms files from aircraft folder help? It is very random and last for a short time. Anyone else having this issue

One solution is to play sound with the computer speaker AND my headset at the same time. Is there anyway to do that?

The only way get something to work is is use the PE windows Client app but then the controller hears the feed back. I mainly leave it connected in case the headset quits because I have no idea when it does
Last edited by deansalman on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star
Shawn Goldsworthy

Re: problem with sound from ATC

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

Windows 10? If so, I had a similar issue. There is a setting in the sounds menu in Windows 10 that is on by default. It says something along the lines of "reduce volume by xx% when other sounds are played". Basically what happens is, you 'll be hearing ATC, then you system tries to spit out another sound and it then reduces the volume on the ATC by that percentage. Weird I know, but it happens.Turn that off and see if it helps. I can't remember exactly where is is in the menu, bit it's in the sound settings somewhere.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
deansalman

Post by deansalman »

ok thanks I will try that. Windows update may have caused it
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star
deansalman

Post by deansalman »

I have the FX sound so I can use the headset I have. I set in P3D the options in sound from default device to what each unit was. Set the output sound and the mic setting. This seem to help because the problem is gone. I think the default device windows assumes may shift around or not be what it is suppose to be. On the PE Client, it would be nice if the Mic had options to avoid the default device and just select it, in this case FxSound. My friend can hear PE but ATC cannot hear him. The SMS files in the aircraft folder are not there which was a work around before
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star