MSFS 2020

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
Kilstorm

MSFS 2020

Post by Kilstorm »

Keith,

I really hope PilotEdge can become actively involved in working with MS to have PE work with the new sim during the beta stages. Little is known what they have in mind for this new sim but if they are wanting to "work with the community" as they stated, the best ATC should be part of that.
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
Keith Smith

Re: MSFS 2020

Post by Keith Smith »

It's unclear what market their sim is targeting or what integration capabilities will exist. It certainly lowers the barrier for entry, which means there will likely be a huge contingent of brand new users who are just tipping their toes in the aviation waters. That is fantastic as a tool for building more interest in aviation for the current and future generation.

Should those users be on PilotEdge? The answer is probably not, at least until they have basic mastery over the control of the airplane and amassed some knowledge of communications and airspace.

It's an exciting development for the sim world, no question...I just think that a lot more information and coordination is required before getting too excited about hooking that sim up to this network.
Kilstorm

Post by Kilstorm »

Glad to read from the pilotedge Instagram page that PE is looking forward to supporting this new platform. A slight change it seems from when this post was made. Seems a lot of developers got the feedback and feel they needed to move forward on support for this platform. A good thing for all.
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
rojo

Post by rojo »

I don't have Instagram, so I can't check what was posted there, but is anything planned yet or known whether it is even possible?
I'm wondering since MSFS 2020 is dawning on the horizon and I'd love to do pilotedge flight in this simulation.
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

As long as MSFS2020 uses Simconnect, and it appears that it will, the existing clients will probably work.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
testpilot123

Post by testpilot123 »

Has there been any update on pilotedge and flight simulator 2020? Or even VatSim in flight simulator 2020?

EDIT-I should clarify: will this be at launch with FS2020
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

Nobody knows until it comes out. I have heard of people already having success using it with VATSIM. As I said in my post directly above, as long as FS202 uses Simconnect, the existing clients will probably work as they are now. Nobody will know for sure until it launches.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
RMM

Post by RMM »

Just announced on Reddit- Vatsim will be live with FS2020 on release.
https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comm ... _for_msfs/
But no confirmation on VATSIM.NET - so maybe not fact.

EDIT: This is on the latest update from FS2020/Asobo at www.flightsimulator.com
So... FACT. Confirmed.

QUESTION:
FS2020 / ASOBO established a Partner program. Has PilotEdge established any relationship there as of yet?
Romans5.8

Post by Romans5.8 »

Keith Smith wrote:It's unclear what market their sim is targeting or what integration capabilities will exist. It certainly lowers the barrier for entry, which means there will likely be a huge contingent of brand new users who are just tipping their toes in the aviation waters. That is fantastic as a tool for building more interest in aviation for the current and future generation.

Should those users be on PilotEdge? The answer is probably not, at least until they have basic mastery over the control of the airplane and amassed some knowledge of communications and airspace.

It's an exciting development for the sim world, no question...I just think that a lot more information and coordination is required before getting too excited about hooking that sim up to this network.
I can't imagine those folks dipping their feet in will have any interest in paying to be on the network. If anything, they'll use VATSIM.

But a lot of us are certainly going to want to jump ship from the cluster that is the current 15 year old sims juggled with add-ons, onto the new sim.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

We do plan supporting it, yes. We're just finalizing the installer as we speak.