Aivlasoft EFBv2 Interface

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
jport1

Aivlasoft EFBv2 Interface

Post by jport1 »

I know Keith has communicated sometime ago with Aivlasoft discussing his service and the possibility of interfacing with the PE client similar to an access not unlike VATSIM http://status.vatsim.net/status.txt where PE data, FIR boundaries, online/offline controller info, etc could be passed to EFBv2. I think he indicated that it could be possible, but I don't know the resolution. I think he mentioned that he was familiar with the data connect format for VATSIM and that it might be possible.

I am wondering if anyone has hacked EFBv2, i.e., pointing to the PE client and ghosting say Vatsim reference URL? Just a question. I think it would be great to have our coverage area presented in EFB2. I am willing to give it a try if someone can provide me a URL for the PE 'status' data. If it is not possible, please so note.

Thanks,

Joe
Keith Smith

Re: Aivlasoft EFBv2 Interface

Post by Keith Smith »

Controller status (ie, which ones are online) is very different for VATSIM than it is PE....that part wouldn't work well.

The FIR boundaries are static, they are not network-specific.

If you'd like to have the developer of the EFB reach out to us, we can work with them to see what might be possible.