ATC Displayed altitudes

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
FDXDave

ATC Displayed altitudes

Post by FDXDave »

So over the last month or so, I've had a couple controllers tell me my altitude doesn't match their scope. Ie I was a couple hundred feet off from what he saw. I was in the Flight Levels and the altimeter was set to standard ( STD 29.92 ) This happened while flying two different models on two separate occasions. Today I was flying my A320 and the controller said it looked to him that I was climbing. I was steady at FL330, Alt set at STD and I was flying level. The other day, Another controller told me that I need not worry about that, that the scope is looking at a baro somewhere and they, the controllers just need to guess what my proper altitude should display. I know X-Plane has had several updates recently. Is anyone else having this issue?....if it's even an issue..? Once I set my Baro upon descending past 18000, then everything matches perfectly. I only bring it up cause I've never had anyone tell me before my altitude don't match. I use SMP, RWC and FSGRW. I've been using this combo a long time. I fly every day and this has only happened twice. I'm curious if SMP might be causing issues, or X-Plane, or maybe there has been some changes to the network or maybe this is all normal. IDK.
Anyway, thought I'd bring it up, cause now I'm curious. Hope everyone is having a good week. Thanks,
Dave.