What happened to earlier flight?

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
DrZGard

What happened to earlier flight?

Post by DrZGard »

I flew IFR KSEE to KAJO, shot the GPS approach and went missed then filed in air to KMHV. Only the KAJO to KMHV is showing up on PEAware, what happened to the earlier flight?
Regards,
Dr. Zane Gard
ASEL IFR

AOPA #00915027
EAA #825848
American Mensa #100314888
Alex Stjepanovic

Re: What happened to earlier flight?

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

DrZGard wrote:I flew IFR KSEE to KAJO, shot the GPS approach and went missed then filed in air to KMHV. Only the KAJO to KMHV is showing up on PEAware, what happened to the earlier flight?
Once the flight plan is changed midair(Such as by ATC), everything that was there beforehand is as if it never happened. Had you landed and given PEaware however much time to register that, that flight would have been registered separately.
DrZGard

Post by DrZGard »

Thanks Alex,

I wonder if this happens with flightaware when you are really flying and do the same thing.
Regards,
Dr. Zane Gard
ASEL IFR

AOPA #00915027
EAA #825848
American Mensa #100314888
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

No problem. I don't fly real world, but I'm pretty sure I saw some flight logs out there(Mostly KS') that started or ended midair.

Unless he sees it, you can always drop a note to Tim Krajcar(tim at pilotedge dot net) and lobby to change this, it's been an issue on VATSIM too.
Tim Krajcar

Post by Tim Krajcar »

Well, you can lobby, but I'm not planning to make any changes to PEaware unless there's a critical bug. The codebase is from 2007 and was originally written for another network; I did a simple port to get it up and running with PE. Putting any more effort into it at this point is not a good use of what is already too-limited development time :)

Long-term, statistics and data will be directly integrated into the website and there won't be a separate 'PEaware' application.
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube