OpenTrack mapping profile

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
TheMuslimTurtle

OpenTrack mapping profile

Post by TheMuslimTurtle »

Hey all,

I posted this to the org forums and also Reddit but I have gotten nothing for a reply yet. I know this is a close community, so maybe someone can help.

I've been using OpenTrack for a while with a homemade head tracker (DelanClip), but I can't seem to get the mappings right to where I want them to be. I'm not as technologically savvy as I used to be, and with work picking up and putting in 60+ hours a week, I don't really have time to tinker. Most of my free time is spent flying instead of tweaking.

My settings currently seem to be too touchy. I'm not sure if that's a design flaw in the system, but when I lean forward to check the gauges or look out the windows, it's very sensitive. My view jumps all over and it takes several attempts to click the spots I need to with my mouse, such as barometer or COM buttons. Opposite to this, it's much slower when "looking" towards the back -- just the forward panel view seems disproportionately sensitive. I can't seem to find the right in-between for this. I've tried a few different mappings but none of them feel right.

I know it's not possible to have it set for how I want if I don't do it myself, but if I can find some that others have set, I might be able to make minor adjustments and get it working for my needs.

Current settings below using Kalman filter

Thanks for any help.
Attachments
mappings.jpg
mappings.jpg (123.12 KiB) Viewed 6781 times